People of all ages can benefit from making therapeutic massage part of their good health routine.
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
Stress is a significant cause of ill health in our society today. Therapeutic massage is ideal for reducing stress, assists in preventing the onset of disease and reconnects you to the joys of life that are missed with the hectic schedules of our daily routines.
Massage helps to:
- Reduce stress, anxiety, depression and fatigue.
- Comfort, relax and reduce pain for the seriously ill.
- Reduce symptoms of neuropathy.
- Relieve pain and tension associated with fibromyalgia, headaches and muscle strains.
- Relax tight muscles and soft tissues (i.e. fascia).
- Reduce dry skin/mild irritations.Improve local circulation.
- Support the immune system.Increase joint mobility and reduce mild swelling.
- Improve athletic performance.
- Speed recovery from injuries.
- Reduce pain from TMJD and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Relieve pregnancy related discomforts.
Who Can Benefit:
- Professionals living with the stress of deadlines, difficult decisions and long work hours.
- People undergoing cancer treatments have emotional and physical side effects from surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Massage therapy gives the client a healthy tool to help cope during this intense time.
- People with pain from physically demanding jobs that impose repetitive stress on their bodies and/or poor posture habits.
- Those suffering from tension and emotional upset due to loss, trauma or illness.
- Pregnant women and new parents coping with the physical and emotional stresses accompanying childbearing.
- Athletes, dancers, artists, musicians and children of all ages can benefit from massage.