Board Certified Licensed Massage Therapist
I have a private practice in Chelmsford, Massachusetts and work as a Board Certified Massage Therapist in the Hematology/Oncology Department of Lahey Hospital and Medical Center in Burlington, Massachusetts (Beth Israel Lahey Health). My multifaceted massage therapy background compliments the consulting aspect of my business. I offer consulting services to hospitals and businesses related to massage programs and patient care.
- Interview candidates for massage therapy position.
- Skills testing/assessment.
- Design, facility specific, infection prevention and control (new COVID-19 standards).
Training and skills sharpening:
- General massage therapy modalities and techniques.
- Myofascial release, trigger point, PNF stretches.
- Role playing medical intake (medically complex clients, etc.).
- Role playing self-care instructions for clients/patients.
- Self-care and body mechanics for massage therapists.
- General client/patient communication skills.
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols (new COVID-19 standards).
Hospital Specific Training:
- Inpatient therapeutic massage.
- Outpatient therapeutic massage.
- Infusion suite therapeutic massage (beyond hands & feet).
- Preparing for the Joint Commission.
- General clinical setting, table or seated massage.
- Health and safety protocols (new COVID-19 standards).
- Company/Hospital job description for Massage Therapist and/or Integrative Health Coordinator.
- Consent Form.
- Medical Intake.
- Core Competencies.
- Standards of practice.
In September 2019, I participated as a guest speaker for a Survivorship Symposium at Beth Israel Lahey Health (Burlington, MA). I presented on the benefits of therapeutic massage, medical considerations, self-care recommendations, and more to the symposium attendees.
I work with local hospitals by collaborating with social workers and other hospital staff by presenting the benefits of massage therapy to their patient support groups.